Sunday, August 22, 2010

I am Baaaaaaacccckkkk!


Hello All! I am back after a week long trip that took me to Idaho to visit my lovely Mother in Law and then on to Seattle, WA to visit my Sister in Law and her husband and boys. It was a great trip and I am pleased to report that I only ate out 4 (four) times!! That was once in the airport between Denver and Boise, twice in Boise and once in Seattle. Not tooo bad!
I visited an awesome Co-Op in Boise! http://www.boisecoop.com/ I loved it! If we had a super nice Co-Op like that close to us - it would be on! Yes, we do have Whole Foods in Nashville, but there is so much to be said about clever Co-Op. In Seattle - well you couldn't swing a cat without hitting a natural foods, whole foods, co-op or organic store! It was awesome! I shopped at a PCC Natural Market and it was a great experience too! http://www.pccnaturalmarkets.com/ The folks at these stores are super nice and so are the customers!
I have been reading more in Nina Planck's Book - Real Food http://www.ninaplanck.com/books.html I am learning so much about why margarine is so bad (trans fat) and why real fats (beef, coconut, olive oil) are so good for you! I am truly enjoying our Whole Foods Journey thus far! Hopefully this week, I can get back into the kitchen and try some new recipes and get back to my yogurt and bread making. I did cook for my MIL and SIL this past week (which seemed to work for everyone) and I felt so much better than what I do when I normally travel! Hooray for home cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment