Sunday, August 1, 2010

First Time Yogurt Fail....


Well, I guess I didn't mix the starter grains correctly, because I am a first time yogurt making fail! No worries, when we went to the commissary today, I got some Greek Yogurt that I am using as a starter this time. If this one comes out good, I will share the recipe and process. I am not saying what I made was bad - but it wasn't as tasty as what I am used to.
You may be wondering what has brought me to start eating Whole/Real Foods at this stage in my life. I am tired of being physically tired and overweight because of my horrible diet. I am overweight - however, I gained a glorious amount of weight when I was pregnant with Thalia thinking I would drop all of it the day after I had her because I breastfeed. I think I lost 12 lbs and the rest has stayed on for a bit. I did go back to Weight Watchers for a couple of weeks - but I just can't really cope with the processed foods and low fat stuff that is recommended. But I knew our family was just not eating the best foods possible. So I started reading about whole/real foods eating. Thus far we feel so much better! We don't suffer from the indigestion as we did, we feel better, sleep better, have more energy and enjoy what we eat without feeling like crap afterward.
I am trying different things and I am enjoying the cooking! It does take a lot of time to cook/prepare three meals a day. I have a lovely sized kitchen, but right now, I wish I had a bigger one! The dishwasher is always running - that happens when you don't eat out and when you don't eat food from a box. Our grocery bill has doubled - but we are eating good foods and eating them all! I thought it would be boring eating the same stuff - but we don't really, we try to mix it up a bit and go from there. We feel more filled and satisfied and not always hungry and starving. There are so many benefits to changing what we eat and our lifestyle!
Well, I will add pics and more updates tomorrow. Right now I have a bread maker, yogurt maker and dehydrator going. I am dehydrating my sprouts (to make flour with later), making a loaf of sprouted grain bread, and giving my Greek yogurt another try. I have plenty of milk, so I can always try it again if this go is full of "fail sauce" again - LOL! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment