Wednesday, October 20, 2010

On a Plateau of sorts....

Yes, even eating whole foods, I find myself on a plateau of sorts. Sigh.... I think sometimes I get so busy with other daily chores, that I stop making time to find new recipes and make new and interesting meals. As soon as I logged into my blog - I felt sooo much better! Just scrolling through and looking at the pictures renewing my motivation and inspired me a little!
We have been eating well and eating in - though one night a couple of weeks ago, we ate out and boy was it expensive and not sooo filling! We chose the Golden Rule for some BBQ that I don't quite have the skills to make. It was good - but none of family really enjoyed it and walked away with that wonderfully satisfied feeling. Instead, we kind of felt grossed out by the fried stuff (onion rings and fries) and kind of let down by the salads and buffalo wings... The BBQ was great - but not as tasty as the wonderful meat I have in my freezer - just saying ;)
Some of you may wonder what I am feeding Thalia. Sometimes I mash up whatever we are eating and offer it to her - but other times I serve her organic pre-made baby food. I go by the same rule as I do our food - no preservatives, additives, or things we can't pronounce. So - she gets the chunkier vegetables, fruits and meats. She is still nursing, so she gets a belly full of Momma's milk first thing before the day even starts - LOL! If nothing else, by putting whole, natural foods on our table - I am instilling good eating habits for them and that is priceless!! Just ask my salad eating 4 year old that asked for a salad specifically the other night with dinner! And you know what - I don't miss the junk toys that come with the Happy (Hell) Meals! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment