Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Still Eating and Still Here!

Hello Whole Foods Blogging Friends! Sorry I haven't updated my blog in quite sometime.... Life has been busy! We are still eating in and eating good and loving it.... though I have to admit, it's starting to strain my budget a little. Christmas food shopping was a killer - our grocery budget was over $500 this last weeks, but everything was delicious!
Which brings me to a few things... I want to continue to feed our family awesome whole foods, but I need to start cutting a few financial corners. I would like to start the New Year with a better budget and more money to save for other things (retirement, vacations, etc...). So, I am in the process of finding new ways to save on our groceries, health and beauty items, pet foods, household cleaning items, etc.... I have done this before a couple of years ago when I had a huge stockpile! A friend came to visit me and ask me if I was a Mormon based on my stockpile I had amassed. We actually just finished off a few items from that stockpile that I set up more than three years ago.
So, I am hoping that I can find some balance with our budget,eating and living to be honest. So, continue with me whenever you get the chance and I will see where it takes us! Until next time! Oh and here is a picture of my homecooked (from raw with soaking, boiling and baking) Country Ham that I fixed for 25 to enjoy! I used a wonderful recipe from when we lived in England in 2004 - worth the two days of cooking and prep!

1 comment: